Super Spicy Grilled Chicken with Colorful Peppers combines two of my greatest loves: grilling and spicy foods. Paired with grilled colorful peppers it’s a wonderful meal that pairs beautifully with Fire Roasted Mexican Rice or your favorite potatoes. It’s like a fiesta on your taste buds!
Super Spicy Grilled Chicken
There are a few types of foods that our family loves: anything grilled and anything spicy. It makes total sense that I’d come up with a recipe for Super Spicy Grilled Chicken. It was a no brainer.
So…buckle up and get ready for a fiery flavor explosion that will leave your taste buds dancing! We’re talking about a dish that’s so hot, it’ll make your eyebrows sweat and your mouth do the chicken dance.
We Grill Year Round
One of the things that people know about me is that I love to grill year round! I can be seen in the middle of winter bundled up with the heat of the grill keeping me warm.
We eat spicy all year round
One of the other things that I love is spicy food!! The hotter the better!
When I was younger and spent my “Year in Seminary in Israel”, I didn’t bring along peanut butter, or some other “normal” staple – I brought along a supply of spicy barbeque sauce! On the special occasions that our family goes out to eat at a restaurant, you can be sure I’ll pick the spiciest thing on the menu.
When two great things collide you get Super Spicy Grilled Chicken with Colorful Peppers
How I grill Super Spicy Grilled Chicken
Adding the Colorful Peppers to Super Spicy Grilled Chicken
I tossed those peppers onto the grill alongside the chicken, letting them char and blister to bring out their natural sweetness. The colors intensified, and it was like a fireworks show in my backyard. The smoky aroma mixed with the spicy chicken, creating a mouthwatering symphony of flavors.
Grilling secrets and tips for Super Spicy Grilled Chicken
Here’s the recipe for Super Spicy Grilled Chicken and Peppers
This recipe combines two of my greatest loves (besides Dear Husband!): grilling and spicy food! Be warned…this chicken is really spicy. Super spicy! SO delicious!!!
- 2 whole chickens, cut into eighths, skin removed if desired
- 2 pounds mini colorful peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Lime wedges and avocado for garnish
- Turn grill onto high heat.
- Combine all the spices into a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Coat chicken with olive oil, then rub the oil into the chicken to completely coat.
- Sprinkle spices over chicken and rub in to evenly coat. Add the peppers to the chicken and toss to coat with the spices.
- Place the chicken on the grill, leaving space between the pieces, then set the peppers on the grill.
- Grill the peppers for around 4-5 minutes on each side, then remove to a serving platter.
- Turn the grill down to medium heat, and let the chicken cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes (or more depending upon your grill), until the chicken can be easily flipped.
- Cook covered for an additional 20-30 minutes (or more depending upon your grill) until the pieces register 165° F using a meat thermometer.
- You may need to remove the smaller pieces before the larger ones – they cook more quickly.
- Serve hot garnished with lime wedges and avocado.
This recipe is for Super Spicy Grilled Chicken. For “Fire Breathing Dragon Hot” Grilled Chicken (my favorite!) double the spices but keep the amount of chicken the same.
Always use fresh spices. Old spices loose their kick and won’t give you the heat you need for this recipe.
After coating the chicken with the oil and spices and placing the chicken on the grill, you can reserve the remaining oil in the bowl to brush on the chicken while grilling for added flavor.
I recommend making the Fire Roasted Mexican Rice as a side. It’s pretty and really compliments the chicken and peppers.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken quarter
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 356.2 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 21.7 g
- Cholesterol: 64.1 mg
Keywords: Grilled Chicken, Spicy Chicken, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Kosher
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Matten version of the recipe
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Use to coat chicken while barbecuing!
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat. Stirring occasionally and simmer for 20 minutes. Sauce should be thin, but not watery. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Sauce is better if allow to sit for a day.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 16.7 g
- Sodium: 457.6 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
More Super Chicken Recipes
More Old and New Grilling Favorites
CHECK OUT THE KOSHER EVERYDAY AMAZON INFLUENCER STOREFRONT!
I’m excited to announce the launch of my brand, spankin’ new, Amazon Influencer storefront. The purpose of this store is to share with you all of my favorite tools, ingredients and accessories that I use on Kosher Everyday. If there’s something you’d like to see please let me know and I’ll make sure to add it. I’m updating the storefront all the time.
I’ve put together a complete Gluten Free Challah Storefront with everything you need to make fabulous Gluten Free Challah!
Additionally there is a Small Appliance Storefront with many awesome small appliances that I recommend for your kitchen…even if you have a small space!
I’d love to hear what you think!
Don’t forget to follow Kosher Everyday on Instagram @koshereveryday! and on Facebook You don’t want to miss all the fun and interesting posts and reels that can be found nowhere else!
You can find reels showing how to make most of my recipes on Instagram!
Also, make sure to tag @koshereveryday when you make Kosher Everyday recipes! I LOVE to see your creations!!!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your ongoing support