A flavorful, grilled lamb skewer, perfect for dipping into a Pareve Tzatziki sauce!
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 16 shish kebob skewers
- Olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb and spices.
- Mix until spices are evenly distributed.
- Mix in the egg until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the lamb into a large log.
- Divide the meat into 8 slices, then cut each slice in half, making 16 sections.
- Roll each of the 16 sections into a “sausage” shape.
- Take a soaked skewer and brush olive oil on the top half.
- Slide the lamb “sausage” over the skewer.
- Flatten slightly, and lightly coat with oil.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining lamb “sausages”.
- Place kebabs on the grill, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Brush the kebobs with additional oil and flip.
- Grill for an additional 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm.