This recipe combines two of my greatest loves (besides Dear Husband!) – grilling and spicy food! Be warned, this chicken is really spicy. Super spicy! So delicious!!
- 2 whole chickens, cut into eighths, skin removed if desired
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Turn grill onto high heat.
- Combine all the spices into a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Coat chicken with olive oil, then rub the oil into the chicken to completely coat.
- Sprinkle spices over chicken and rub in to evenly coat.
- Place the chicken on the grill, leaving space between the pieces.
- Turn the grill down to medium heat, and let the chicken cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes (or more depending upon your grill), until the chicken can be easily flipped.
- Cook covered for an additional 20-30 minutes (or more depending upon your grill) until the pieces register 165° F using a meat thermometer.
- You may need to remove the smaller pieces before the larger ones – they cook more quickly.
- Serve hot!
- This recipe is for Super Spicy Grilled Chicken. For “Fire Breathing Dragon Hot” Grilled Chicken (my favorite!) double the spices but keep the amount of chicken the same.
- Always use fresh spices. Old spices loose their kick and won’t give you the heat you need for this recipe.
- After coating the chicken with the oil and spices and placing the chicken on the grill, you can reserve the remaining oil in the bowl to brush on the chicken while grilling for added flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken quarter
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 356.2 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Protein: 21.7 g
- Cholesterol: 64.1 mg
Keywords: Grilled Chicken, Spicy Chicken, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Kosher