- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed — or 2 cubes frozen crushed garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic over medium high heat until slightly browned.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
- Add the onions, and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Using a scoop, scoop ground beef mixture, then roll into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on prepared cookie sheet. When all the meatballs are formed, place them on the grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through and meatballs are nearly cooked through.
- Pour pasta sauce into a large stockpot.
- Add ½ jar of water to each empty sauce jar, swirling to get the remaining sauce out of the jar.
- Add the water to the sauce in the pot.
- Place the grilled meatballs in the pot, and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can freeze half the meatballs, and use a single jar of sauce instead of two.
- Serve the finished meatballs over a bed of your favorite rice for an elegant appetizer.
For The Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, thoroughly washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 large scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber quartered and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream and onion crackers, plus additional for garnish
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients except the crackers.
- Toss to evenly distribute the vegetables.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to completely coat the vegetables.
- Allow the salad to sit for 10 minutes (in the refrigerator if possible) to blend the flavors.
- Add the crackers and toss until evenly distributed.
- Garnish with additional crackers and serve to your happy guests and family!!