I’m going to make this one super short and sweet.
A while back (ok it was 2011), I went to Kosherfest in NJ and found Sabra Basil and Pesto Hummus, which Sabra recommended spreading on chicken and baking. It was great! Here’s a link to the original post.
I was recently in Trader Joe’s searching for a product they no longer had. That meant that I spent a lot of time in the store. As a result I found some new and exciting products that I hadn’t seen before. One was Organic Buffalo Style Hummus. I figured that this would make a perfect topping for chicken, especially based upon my previous experience.
If you can’t get to Trader Joe’s, or they no longer have Organic Buffalo Style Hummus, you can use the Sabra Supremely Spicy hummus instead. I recommend stirring it before topping the chicken though.Print
Buffalo Hummus Chicken
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
A super simple, super delicious one pan dish with only four ingredients! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a speedy Shabbat main dish.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (around 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) container Trader Joe’s Organic Buffalo Style Hummus
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the avocado oil a large skillet using medium heat.
- Brown the chicken breasts on each side. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
- Add the red pepper slices to the pan, and sauté for 2 minutes until soft.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Top with the Buffalo Hummus, evenly covering the chicken.
- Cover the pan and simmer using low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Spoon the pan juices/sauce and peppers over the chicken. Top with the sliced green onions.
- Serve hot.
- If you can’t find Trader Joe’s Organic Buffalo Style Hummus, you can use another spicy hummus instead like Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus. If using a “separated” hummus like the Sabra Supremely Spicy, make sure to stir the hummus before spreading over the chicken.
- Serving Size: 4
It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram @koshereveryday and on Facebook @koshereveryday so you don’t miss the everyday excitement that is Kosher Everyday!
I’d love to hear from you! What recipes are you making? What recipes would you like to see here on Kosher Everyday?
Leave a Reply