It’s all about the mushroom
Portobello Mushrooms are healthy!
Portobello Mushrooms are for dinner…hooray!
Portobello Mushroom caps make up the base of this healthy pizza.
- 1 large Portabella Mushroom Cap, cleaned*
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella, or pizza cheese (can be Plant Based)
- nonstick vegetable spray
- Preheat (toaster) oven to 400° F.
- Spray a (toaster oven) pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place the mushroom on the pan.
- Cover with sauce and then cheese.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- You can add additional cheese for an extra cheesy pizza, and if you like the pizza cheese slightly browned you can press the “toast” lever to brown the top of the pizza.
- I will often brown the pizza and then add additional cheese. Yum!
- You can actually clean the mushrooms by peeling off a layer of the outside of the mushrooms. See pictures below.
- Serving Size: 1 Portobello Pizza
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 589.4 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Protein: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 29.3 mg
Keywords: Pizza, Vegan, Plant Based, Meat Free, Gluten Free
More Meat Free recipes
- Tofu Parmesan
- Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
- Fresh Tomato Salad
- Garden Fresh Pesto
- Crunchy Heartland Salad
More mushroom recipes
- Exotic Mushroom Ramen
- Riced Broccoli Crepes with Mushroom Cream Filling
- White Truffle Cauliflower Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Savory Tri-Colored Triangle Pastries
- Miso Soup with Bok Choy
Don’t forget to follow Kosher Everyday on Instagram @koshereveryday! You don’t want to miss all the fun and interesting posts and reels that can be found nowhere else!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your ongoing support!