It starts with educating our children
“The Happiness Box” Book
My “Happiness Box”
Making Scalloped Potatoes in my Happiness Box
|Creamy and delicious!!!|
It’s super speedy to make
And yet…there’s still something missing
These warm, welcoming Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect family comfort food. I make them completely Plant Based by using almond milk and other nondairy ingredients. I recommend using a mandonline to cut the potatoes. It will save a lot of time and the potatoes will all be evenly sliced.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (around 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (around 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups plant based unsweetened milk
- 4 tablespoons plant based margarine
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Spray a large 9×13 inch casserole dish with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the casserole, completely covering the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly distribute some of the onions over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle ½ tablespoon of the flour mixture over the potatoes and onions.
- Evenly place another layer of potatoes, onions, and flour over the previous layer, repeating until no ingredients remain, ending with flour mixture.
- Dot the top of the potatoes with the margarine.
- Pour the milk over the potatoes.
- Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil and bake for one hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes until lightly browned on the top.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 Scoop
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 399 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.8 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Gluten Free, Plant Based, Kosher, Scalloped Potatoes, Vegan
More meat free recipes
- Exotic Mushroom Ramen
- Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
- Crunchy Heartland Salad
- Lindsey’s Grilled Peach Salad
- Epic Gluten Free Pizza
- Pink Lemon Salmon
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Don’t forget to follow Kosher Everyday on Instagram @koshereveryday! You don’t want to miss all the fun and interesting posts and reels that can be found nowhere else!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your ongoing support!