Fruity Layered Dessert Pops & Cups
It’s hard to believe that it’s been ten years since I first developed the recipe for Fruity Layered Dessert Pops & Cups for aish.com. I wrote for Aish towards the beginning of the writing portion of my career. My dear fried Stefanie had been writing for them and recommended me to the editor, and the rest is history.
At the time, I was writing articles with multiple recipes several times a year. Most posts coincided with seasons or Jewish Holidays. The Fruity Layered Desserts were part of my 2012 Summertime recipes compilation, with recipes including “Buttermilk” Fried Chicken, Grilled Potato Salad and (funky looking) Hot Dog Flowers. I still love and make (most of) those recipes ten years later.
Fruity Layered Dessert Pops & Cups are Patriotic!
The recipe for Fruity Layered Dessert Pops & Cups was created with the Fourth of July in mind. By adding freshly ground blueberries and strawberries to a creamy base, each colored fruity filling could be layered into a red white and blue patriotic dessert.
The Fruity Layered Desserts can be served in dessert glasses topped with additional fruits, or layered in popsicle cups for a frozen fruity treat.
Making the Fruity Layered Desserts with different fruity flavors
You can also make these using different fruit flavors, keeping the ratios of fruit and cream the same as directed below in the recipe. The possibilities are endless…just like the endless fun you’ll have this summer!!Print
Perfect for your summer or July 4th patriotic barbecue, this recipe can be made frozen for a refreshing fun, fruity, creamy, red-white-and-blue icy-cold pop, or can be chilled in dessert cups for an elegant and delicious end to your festivities!
- 1 pint blueberries, washed & dried
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled, washed, dried and cut into halves
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 3.4 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon blueberry extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract (optional)
- blue gel food coloring (optional)
- red gel food coloring (optional)
- additional blueberries and strawberries for garnish
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Then place the blueberries in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the processor bowl and blade, then coarsely chop the strawberries and the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and pudding mixes until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the pudding-cream mixture into four even portions, folding ¼ into the chopped blueberries and ¼ into the chopped strawberries.
- Fold the blueberry extract and blue food gel into the blueberry cream, then fold the strawberry extract and red food gel into the strawberry cream.
- Alternately spoon the blueberry, vanilla, then strawberry creams into dessert cups.
- For a neater dessert, place the blueberry cream, strawberry cream, and vanilla cream into separate pastry bags or Ziploc bags. Cut a ¼ inch hole in the bottom of the blueberry cream bag, then pipe the blueberry cream into the dessert cups. Cut a ¼ inch hole in vanilla cream bag, then pipe the vanilla cream over the blueberry cream. Cut a ¼ inch hole in the strawberry cream bag, then pipe the strawberry cream over the vanilla cream.
For mini cream pops
- Pipe the creams as directed above into 2” mini dessert cups.
- Place a small dessert spoon or popsicle stick into the center of the cream.
- Tap the cup to remove air pockets and evenly distribute the creams.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Carefully remove from cups and serve at your favorite patriotic barbecue!
For individual dessert cups
- Pipe the creams as directed above into individual dessert cups.
- Tap each cup lightly on the counter to eliminate any air pockets in the desserts and to evenly distribute the creams.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. G
- arnish with additional cream, blueberries and strawberries.
You can make these Fruity Layered Desserts into pops or cups. The pops must be frozen, while you can simply refrigerate the cups for at least an hour.
Get creative with your fruit flavors. You can substitute other fruit flavors instead of the strawberry and blueberry.
Looking for a really dramatic dessert? You can make a Fruity Layered Dessert CAKE! Simply spread different layers in a springform pan. Freeze for at least 3 hours before unmolding. Top with fruit and additional cream.
Keywords: Popsicles, Fruit Dessert, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Kosher, Meat Free, Plant Based.
More Super Summer Desserts
HERE’S SOMETHING NEW – THE KOSHER EVERYDAY AMAZON INFLUENCER STOREFRONT!
I’m excited to announce the launch of my brand, spankin’ new, Amazon Influencer storefront. The purpose of this store is to share with you all of my favorite tools, ingredients and accessories that I use on Kosher Everyday. If there’s something you’d like to see please let me know and I’ll make sure to add it. I’m updating the storefront all the time.
You can find all the cool serving pieces that were shown above as well as other fabulous serving pieces in my Decorative Serving and Kitchen Items section.
I’d love to hear what you think!
Don’t forget to follow Kosher Everyday on Instagram @koshereveryday! and on Facebook You don’t want to miss all the fun and interesting posts and reels that can be found nowhere else!
You can find reels showing how to make most of my recipes on Instagram!
Also, make sure to tag @koshereveryday when you make Kosher Everyday recipes! I LOVE to see your creations!!!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your ongoing support!