No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake!
It’s all about the chocolate
Ok, so it’s not only about the chocolate but the chocolate is a really really part of the recipe. I mean it is called a Triple Chocolate Cheesecake after all.
The No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Chocolate Macaroon Crust
Because this cake is being made for Passover, I started with a ground chocolate macaroon crust.
I used these Manischewitz Chocolate Nut Brownie Macaroons and made them into a crust by running the whole 10-ounces through the food processor and then pressing them into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
The macaroons actually contain egg whites which keeps the cake from being completely plant based. If you really want a completely plant based crust, you can make a ground nut crust instead.
The Fluffy No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
This is where a little foresight comes into play. The rich “dairy” flavor and texture of this cake is the result of adding dairy-free, plant-based Almond Cream Cheese. Now before you panic, Almond Cream Cheese is very simple to make with just three ingredients (not including water). If you’re avoiding dairy, want a pareve/dairy-free dessert, or are looking for a Kosher for Passover plant based cream cheese Almond Cream Cheese is for you.
The planning involves the soaking of the slivered almonds. In order for the almonds to achieve the proper texture in the “cream cheese” they must be soaked. That’s the whole complicated part.
The filling is a combination of Almond Cream Cheese, heavy (dairy-free) whipping cream and good quality melted chocolate. All whipped together, they become a slice of heaven.
The No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Chocolate Ganache Topping
Ganache is traditionally made by heating up heavy whipping cream then adding chocolate. The chocolate sits in the hot cream and melts. Once it’s mostly melted, the two are whisked together to make a fudgy, shiny ganache.
Ganache is extremely versatile. Warmed and fluid it makes a great cake glaze or fudgy thumbprint cookie filling. At room temperature you can whip into something resembling a mousse. Cold, you can roll it into balls and dip them in chocolate for fudgy truffles.
Ganache is almost magical!
I used a simple ganache to decorate/frost the cake. Although I live in Chicago, the land of lots of Kosher for Passover foods, I think that it’s not that difficult to find Kosher for Passover whipped cream or chocolate.
Best of all, ganache is shiny and chocolatey. What could be a better topping for a dairy-free Chocolate Cheesecake?
It’s No Bake!
Passover is a time that oven space is at a premium. By making this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake no-bake, no oven real estate is required causing Home Chefs to cheer loudly!!!
You do need to melt the chocolate either in the microwave (my preferred method) or in a double boiler. Additionally, the ganache can be made on the stovetop, although I heated the cream in the microwave before adding the chocolate to make the ganache.
Bottom line, no oven needed.
Here’s the recipePrint
No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake is 100% Dairy Free, Gluten Free and incredibly light, rich and chocolately! It’s the perfect Passover dessert, made with Homemade Almond Cream Cheese, a chocolate macaroon crust and lots of chocolate! No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake is a non-gebroks, fabulous pareve Seder dessert.
For the Crust
- 10-ounce can Chocolate Nut Brownie Macaroons
For the Filling
- 9 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 package clear dessert gelatin (can be sugar free)
- 2 cups dairy free heavy whipping cream
- 1 recipe Almond Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar (optional)
For the Ganache
- 2 cups dairy free Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 cups (24-ounces) chocolate chips
- Ganache for decorating
- Berries and almonds for serving (optional)
For the Crust
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom of the pan.
- Grind the canned macaroons in a food processor until crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, place the macaroons in a large airtight zipper bag and smash until crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan and an inch up the sides. Use a coffee tamper or glass to press the crumbs into the bottom and edges of the pan. Set aside.
For the Filling
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the gelatin into the water until completely dissolved.
- Place the heavy whipping cream into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the gelatin mixture and immediately whip the cream until very stiff peaks form. If you like a sweeter cake you can add 1/2 cup sugar slowly to the whipping cream while it’s whipping on low speed. Once the sugar has been added you can increase the speed to high.
- Fold in the Almond Cream Cheese and melted chocolate until completely combined.
- Spoon the filling a little at a time over the crust, making sure not to leave any gaps/holes. Smooth the top with an offset spatula or regular spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
For the Ganache
- Heat the whipping cream in a microwave or medium pot until hot but not boiling. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate all at once and lightly shake the pot until the chocolate is completely covered with the cream. Allow the mixture to rest for around two minutes.
- Slowly stir the chocolate and cream mixture until completely smooth.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and slowly run a knife or long metal spatula around the edge of the cake, then carefully unlock the springform pan and remove the pan ring.
- Smooth out any imperfections in the sides of the cake. If possible, slide a cake board under the crust and remove the springform pan base.
- Transfer the cake to a turntable (if you have one), and place a dollop of ganache on the top of the cake. Using an offset spatula, smooth the ganache over the top of the cake and over the sides.
- Carefully spread a small amount of ganache over the sides of the cake until just covered. Refrigerate the cake for 10-15 minutes until the ganache has set.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and frost with more ganache. If possible pipe or decorate the cake with additional ganache.
- Chill the cake for one hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional ganache, berries and almonds.
- The No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake is completely plant based with the exception of the macaroon crust. If you would like to make this cake totally plant based you can substitute a plant based nut crust for the macaroon one.
- You can serve this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake as a Double Chocolate Cheesecake by simply leaving off the ganache frosting.
- The filling can be served in individual cups as an alternative dessert.
- It’s important to plan ahead when making this dessert. The actual steps required to make it are not time consuming, however the almonds for the cream cheese must rest for 24 hours before making the cream cheese, the cake must be refrigerated to set after making the filling, first frosting and final frosting. It’s a great dessert to make in between making other Passover foods. The time it takes to plan ahead is really worth the incredible resulting cake!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: No Bake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Dairy Free, Meat Free, Passover, Pesach, Passover Dessert Recipe, Gluten Free, Non Gebroks
MORE PASSOVER DESSERTS
- Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Fabulous Nutty (and other) Treats
- Almond Cream Cheesecake
- Simply Miraculous Meringues
More to come!
Here’s a link to more Passover Recipes!
PASSOVER IDEA LIST ON AMAZON
I also put a Passover Idea List on Amazon.
Don’t forget to follow Kosher Everyday on Instagram @koshereveryday! and on Facebook You don’t want to miss all the fun and interesting posts and reels that can be found nowhere else!
You can find reels showing how to make most of my recipes on Instagram!
Also, make sure to tag @koshereveryday when you make Kosher Everyday recipes! I LOVE to see your creations!!!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your ongoing support!