|Refreshing Summer Fruit
Soup…and fresh mint from
|How far did I actually have
|THE Wedding Cake!!|
- 3 whole parsnips, peeled
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- Preheat the oven to 400° F, convection setting.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the parsnips.
- Spread the parsnips on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the parsnips.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss again.
- Continue to bake for additional 5 minute intervals until the parsnips are crisp and dried.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Snack to your hearts content.
- Melons of your choice such as cantaloupe, watermelon, or honey dew peeled and cut into cubes
- Fruits of your choice such as strawberries, blueberries, or peaches (peeled if necessary)
- Lime juice to taste
- 1–2 envelopes strawberry or raspberry flavored jello
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Working in batches, place the fruit in the bowl of a large food processor.
- Pulse to process the fruit and melon, and then remove to a large bowl.
- Add the jello to the last batch of processed fruit, then combine with the rest of the ground fruit in the large bowl.
- Add lemon and lime juice to taste.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Spoon soup into cups or small bowls.
- Garnish with cream and mint leaves.
- Serve to happy guests.