|How pretty is that!!??
(Ok, I made it for dinner on 11/1/11)!
Have you ever had the bad dream where you are expecting company for a meal, realize that you forgot to cook all the food, and have nothing in the house except for tuna? Well, I recently had an experience that came pretty close to that! This past Sukkot we were really blessed with having a lot of family staying with us and eating all the holiday meals. Our Sukkah was pretty accommodating and we were able to actually invite a few additional people to further enhance our Yom Tov meals. I also try really hard to have all my cooking done before the holiday so that I can enjoy the meals with everyone rather than alone, laboring in the kitchen while everyone is having a grand old time eating the food I’m preparing!
|Pick a pound of pretty peppers!|
Colorful Pepper and Pastrami Salad
- 1 pound colorful small sweet peppers, seeded, white inside parts removed and cut into 2 1/2 inch julienne strips
- 6 thick slices pastrami (approximately 1/3 pound)*, cut into 2 1/2 inch julienne strips
- 5 large romaine lettuce leaves, washed and cut into 2 1/2 inch julienne strips
- 3 tbsp Wishbone Italian Salad Dressing (or more to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Serve on individual salad plates for an appetizer or in a beautiful bowl for a side salad.
- I used the leftover Romanian pastrami that I had roasted (unsliced) for dinner the day before. Slow roasting the pastrami brings out the flavor of the meat and melts off some of the fat in the pastrami. You can also make this dish gluten-free for the GFE (Gluten Free Eater) by using gluten-free Italian Dressing.
Leave a Reply