Warning: This weeks’ blog is absolutely the grossest blog I have ever written – but it’s also one of the most fun!! It will have you covering your eyes with both hands…but secretly peeking through your fingers! You get to do something incredibly “oogy” but amazingly the results are awesomely beautiful! When you’re done you’ll have a stunning Sukkah decoration and a yummy breakfast/snack!
|It’s an egg… It’s a bird…
It’s an EGG BIRD!!
|Breakfast taco is served!!|
- 12 jumbo, raw, fresh, eggs — washed
Decorative paper — cut into
- 1. 5″x 5″ squares for the wings
- 2. 5″x 3″ rectangles for the tails
- 3. 1″x 2″ rectangles for the beaks
- Sharp tool, like a mechanical pencil with no lead or a well washed nail
- Super glue
- Waterproof markers
- Thin ribbon
- Bowl to catch the egg insides
- With the point of a mechanical pencil (no lead), or an extremely clean nail or pointed object, poke a 1/8 inch hole in each end of the egg.
- Insert the toothpick into the egg and break the yolk.
- Blow into the smaller more pointy end of the egg – shooting the white and yolk into a bowl.
- Rinse the egg out via the poked holes, blowing out any additional water that might be inside.
- Carefully poke another hole on either side of the egg for the wings.
- Roll the 1” wide strip into a beak and insert it into the hole at the pointed end of the egg.
- Fold the squares accordion fashion and twist the edges.
- Using a twisting motion insert the wings and tail into the egg holes.
- Draw eyes with a waterproof black marker.
- Decorate with additional markers or whatever you like.
- Glue any loose wings with super glue.
- Cut the ribbon into 18″ lengths. Tie diagonally around the wings, knotting at the top of the birds.
- Carefully hang your beautiful creations in your Sukkah!
- Eggs from egg birds
- 1 tablespoon milk for every egg
- 1 slice American cheese for every 2 eggs, torn into small pieces.
- Dash salt
- Corn taco shells (I use whole grain ones. To make this gluten-free use gluten-free shells)
- Extra shredded cheese (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- non-stick vegetable spray