|How cool is that??!!|
|Hey meat…say “Cheese”!!|
- 1 loaf regular gefilte fish
- 1 loaf salmon gefilte fish
- 2 large carrots sliced, or 1/2 pound baby carots
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 9″x 13″ inch pan with a lid
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove fish loaves from the freezer.
- Allow to defrost for an hour to an hour and a half until the loaves are soft enough to cut.
- Remove the fish from the parchment, reserving the parchment.
- Cut each fish lengthwise into 4 long pieces.
- Swap two regular pieces with two salmon pieces.
- Piece the fish pieces back together to create two salmon/regular loaves (see photos below).
- Re-wrap the fish loaves in the original or fresh parchment paper.
- Place the loaves in the 9”x13” inch pan.
- Add carrots, pepper and enough water to come halfway up the fish.
- Seal tightly and bake for 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with carrots on a bed of lettuce.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic crushed, or two cubes
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely diced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 8 ounces soy mozzarella
- 2 cartons pareve ricotta cheese (16 ounce each – I used Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound lasagna noodles (regular or gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 26 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- Bring a large pot of water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil.
- Add the lasagna noodles to the pot and cook according to the package directions, gently stirring occasionally to separate the noodles, slightly undercooking the noodles.
- When the noodles are done cooking, do not remove them from the water or pot, add additional cold water to the pot until the noodles are submerged in cold water.
- Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion, pepper and the meat.
- Sauté until the meat is browned.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the “ricotta”, “mozzarella”, garlic powder and eggs.
- Place a large paper towel on the counter.
- Carefully remove a noodle from the pot and dry it with an additional paper towel.
- Place the noodle on the counter paper towel.
- Spread some of the “cheese” mixture on the noodle, then spread some of the meat mixture on top of the “cheese”.
- Roll the lasagna noodle then place in the prepared pan.
- Top with the pasta sauce.
- Seal tightly with a lid or foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite crusty bread.