|This version has chicken…
but I made it vegetarian this week!
|All the mint!|
- 10 ounces medium width rice noodles
- 1 gallon boiling water
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3–4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 6 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms (around 4 cups)
- 2–3 large carrots – grated, or 10 ounces shredded carrots
- green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (Gluten Free) soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, cover rice noodles with boiling water.
- Set aside, and let the noodles soak for 30 minutes.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat toasted sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, ginger, and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add cabbage and mushrooms and sauté for another 4-5 minutes until cabbage and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the carrots and green onions, stock, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Toss to combine, then sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles and toss until completely blended with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat over medium heat for an additional 3-4 minutes until noodles are hot.
- Serving Size: 8