- 1 (20-ounce) bag Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- peanut or avocado oil for frying
- sour cream to garnish (can be plant based)
Pumpkin Hash Brown Latkes are festive, seasonal, crispy, pumpkiny, super simple to make and delicious! They're made with my Hash Brown Potato Latke recipe base.
- Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the hash browns, pumpkin and eggs. Stir until completely blended.
- Mix in the brown sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and black pepper. Mix until completely blended, then stir in the green onions.
- Heat around 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet. When the oil is very hot place large scoops of latke mixture into the oil. Fry over medium/high heat until golden brown, then turn and fry until browned on both sides. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining latke batter.
- Serve hot topped with sour cream.
The hash browns should be defrosted if using frozen. Make sure the frying oil is very hot before adding the latke batter. This will ensure that the latkes become crispy rather than soggy, and they will also absorb less oil as well.