- 1 large Portabella Mushroom Cap, cleaned*
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella, or pizza cheese (can be Plant Based)
- nonstick vegetable spray
Portobello Mushroom caps make up the base of this healthy pizza.
- Preheat (toaster) oven to 400° F.
- Spray a (toaster oven) pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place the mushroom on the pan.
- Cover with sauce and then cheese.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- You can add additional cheese for an extra cheesy pizza, and if you like the pizza cheese slightly browned you can press the “toast” lever to brown the top of the pizza.
- I will often brown the pizza and then add additional cheese. Yum!
- You can actually clean the mushrooms by peeling off a layer of the outside of the mushrooms. See pictures below.