- 32 ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon porcini mushroom powder or 1⁄2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms ground to a powder
- 2 teaspoons porcini sea salt or 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt to taste
- 1⁄2–1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound white button or cremini mushrooms thickly sliced into 1⁄4 inch slices
- 4 large carrots cut into 2” pieces (1 pound)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (around 3⁄4 cup)
- Croutons or crackers, for serving
- Place the stock, water and rice into the EPC (Electric Pressure Cooker) pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the EPC pot.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure valve. Cook on manual high pressure mode for 30 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure for 20 minutes, then manually release the pressure.
- Unlock the lid and serve this hearty soup hot with croutons or crackers.
If you don’t have dried porcini mushrooms or porcini mushroom powder, use a more flavorful mushroom like cremini or portabella. You can find Porcini Mushroom Powder and Porcini Sea Salt at the Spice House (thespicehouse.com). This recipe makes a fairly thick soup. For a thinner soup, add an additional cup of water or vegetable stock. You can also use store bought/pre-made vegetable stock. I’ve added bite size pieces of meat and/or celery to make this an even heartier soup.