|Happy Birthday America!!|
Don’t forget to check out my latest summertime recipes on aish.com!!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed, or one frozen garlic cube defrosted
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
- foil lined cupcake cups
- mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place foil lined cupcake cups on a baking sheet.
- Set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
- Break up any large pieces of meat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks until tripled in volume and pale yellow – around 3 minutes.
- Fold the yolks into the ground beef, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the onions, carrots and pepper.
- Set the meat mixture aside.
- In a clean dry mixing bowl, with clean dry beaters, whip the whites with the salt until stiff but not dry.
- Carefully fold into the meat mixture, being careful not to stir too vigorously.
- When the mixture is completely combined, spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place the potatoes into a pastry bag (if using) and pipe the potatoes onto the baked meat muffins.
- If not using a pastry bag, spoon the potatoes onto the tops of the baked meat muffins.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven onto medium broil, and broil the muffins for 5 minutes until the tops are browned.
- Best served warm, but these are good cold too!