Smooth as silk. Melts on your tongue. Creamy Goodness. Next to Godliness. Decadence defined. It’s hard to imagine that something with so few ingredients can make you feel like a culinary genius when you eat it.
I wait all year long for Shavuot. Cheesecake is my thing. Yes. My thing. I love it, and I love to make it. My Heath Caramel Toffee Cheesecake (completely from scratch, thank you very much) is a thing of legendary genius. Really. This year however, in self indulgent protest (I’m a GFE) I actually got my cheesecakes at the Eli’s Cheesecake Factory (it was part of my Giveaway Promotion) and everyone is going to love them! Because they are awesome and because I say so (BIG CHEESY GRIN).
So…if you want to go my route, make sure to enter the Eli’s Cheesecake & Kosher Everyday Pre-Shavuot giveaway – otherwise here is my roundup list of fabulous cheesecakes you can make from my dear friends and associates in the culinary world…and my bonus lowfat Pina Colada cheesecake. Please make sure to comment and let me know which is your favorite!!!
- 2 8 oz. pkg. Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pinapple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 16 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 Lowfat Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Lowfat Graham Cracker Crust Recipe in a 9 inch springform pan, bringing the crust 1 inch up on the sides of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla, pinapple extract and coconut extract until fluffy. Stir in pineapple tidbits until well blended. Pour into prepared crust and bake for 1 hour. Chill in refrigerator until cool. Remove sides of springform pan, place on serving dish and top with shredded coconut. Serve!
- 2 cups lowfat graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- Spray pie dish or 9 inch springform pan with non stick spray. Blend graham cracker crumbs, margarine, and apple sauce in a large bowl. Press crumb mixture into prepared pan. Chill for 10 minutes.