|Golden Saffron Rice
(Made with fragrant Basmati Rice!)
|Teriyaki and Mushroom Brown Rice
Check out all the mushrooms!
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (around 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Melt margarine in a large stock pot.
- Add onions and sauté until soft and clear.
- Add vegetable stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add saffron and stir to blend.
- Add rice and stir to combine.
- Return stock to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Serve warm.
- 1. If you don’t have vegetable stock handy, you can use water and 1-2 tablespoons of consommé mix instead. Omit the salt.
- 2. This recipe is gluten-free! Great for the GFE (Gluten Free Eater) and everyone else too!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Additional teriyaki sauce (optional)
- In a large stockpot, bring stock to a boil. For an extra boost of teriyaki flavor add an additional few tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. Add rice. Cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and celery in the teriyaki sauce until vegetables are soft. Add mushrooms and sauté until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Fold the vegetables into the rice until thoroughly combined.
- Serve to your favorite mushroom lovers!
- 1. The boxed cartons of chicken or vegetable stock are usually 32 ounces, or exactly 4 cups…perfect for this recipe!
- 2. This recipe can be made gluten-free. You can purchase gluten-free teriyaki sauce at your local grocery or health food store. Great for the GFE (Gluten Free Eater) and everyone else too!
I’d love to hear from you!! Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions and recipes after each blog!!! Don’t forget to pass this blog on to your friends and family!!