|It’s a real burger!|
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups bulgur
- 2 15 oz cans chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 8 oz shredded part skim mozzarella
- nonstick vegetable spray
- hamburger buns, lettuce, tomato (optional)
- In a large bowl, mash chick peas leaving a few whole.
- In a large stock pot or skillet with a cover, bring onion and vegetable stock to a boil.
- Add bulgur and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and let the bulgur sit covered for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Combine bulgur with mashed chick peas and seasoning mix.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until evenly distributed.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Heat a large skillet (preferably non-stick).
- Spray skillet with vegetable spray and fry patties on medium-high heat until browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Spray patties before flipping and fry for an additional 5 minutes until browned on each side.
- Serve with buns, lettuce and tomato.