|Salt Crusted Chicken…
you can try this at home!!
- 1 3 to 4 pound chicken, washed then patted dry
- 7 cups coarse sea salt
- 2 large egg whites (or more if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking dish with a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place the salt in a large bowl.
- Add the egg whites and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place some of the salt on the bottom of the pan.
- Place the chicken on top of the salt, then completely cover with the moist salt – tightly packing the salt around the chicken.
- Tightly cover the chicken with the foil, then bake for an hour and a half.
- Remove chicken from the oven and open the foil.
- Let rest open for 10 minutes.
- Break open the salt shell.
- Say a little prayer that the chicken turned out, then remove the skin and serve.
- Use at least 2 egg whites for this recipe. You can use more if necessary.
- You want the salt to be moist and “snowlike” in order to properly pack around the chicken.