- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 large Vidalia onion diced (around 3 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced (around 2 cups)
- 1 pound mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 3 cups wild rice blend (no seasoning added)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the teriyaki sauce in a large wok or skillet.
- Add the onions and celery.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for 10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 10-12 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the vegetables are beginning to brown.
- Add the wild rice blend and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes (or longer according to package directions).
- Remove from heat and allow the rice to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- This is a great side dish for meat, chicken or fish.