- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon ground amchoor powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 8-12 baby eggplant (also known as Indian Eggplant), halved lengthwise
- Hummus for serving (optional)
- Cut the chicken thighs into long 2-inch wide strips.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the sumac, amchoor powder, turmeric, salt, brown sugar, black pepper and garlic oil.
- Evenly spread the spice mixture over the chicken.
- Heat a grill pan over medium/high heat. Grill the chicken skewers until browned on each side.
- After the chicken is completely grilled, place the eggplant halves cut side down on the grill. Grill until grill marks appear on both sides.
- Serve the Sumac Chicken and Baby Eggplant hot with spicy hummus and your favorite fragrant rice.