- 16 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 15 ounce cans chick peas, drained
- 1 pound frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 spice packets
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated green onion
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan, or grated parmesan, or shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional dehydrated green onion for garnish.
Bowtie Pasta with Chickpeas and Corn is a huge family favorite. It's incredibly flavorful and simple to make using ingredients you already stock in your pantry and freezer. This recipe contains my secret ingredient - the Spice Packet! For a while I had trouble finding a gluten free variety but thanks to Haddar Brand Gluten Free Italian Dressing packets I was able to bring back this savory and flavorful dish. I topped it with plant based parmesan but you can use dairy cheese if you prefer.
- In a large skillet or wok heat oil over medium heat.
- Add pasta, chick peas, and corn.
- Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add spice packets and green onion.
- Stir until spices are evenly distributed.
- Continue to stir until pasta is browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with cheese sprinkled on top, then garnish with additional dehydrated green onion.
To make this pasta gluten free, use gluten free farfalle and a gluten free spice packet mix. To make this dish dairy-free, use a plant based shredded parmesan like Follow Your Heart brand.