- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced ( or 2 frozen cubes*)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground giner
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained, 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 2 medium carrots, sliced ( diagonally*)
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced ( or cut into squares*)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to packaged directions, drained ( or 8 ounces*)
- 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the chicken
- In a large skillet over medium-high flame, heat oil.
- Stir fry chicken and garlic, sprinkle ginger over chicken.
- Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add drained pineapple, carrots, pepper and scallions.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and steam for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti.
For the sauce
- In a small saucepan away from heat, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and oil.
- Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over pasta with chicken.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- * denotes my alternatives for the recipe
- To make this dish for the GFE (Gluten Free Eater) substitute gluten-free pasta, and use gluten-free soy sauce.