- 1 medium (5 to 6-ounces) potato, scrubbed clean
- 1 teaspoon light butter or margarine
- 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (can be Plant Based)
- 1 large egg or 3 tablespoons egg replacer (like JUST egg)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- dash sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese (can be Plant Based)
A rich, creamy, healthy delicious meal that's super simple to make! You'll want to eat one every day!! Now you can also make these nutritious and flavorful potatoes Plant Based and Gluten Free! I've made them using JUST egg, Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour, and Plant Based cheeses. It's still fabulous!!
- Wrap the potato in a paper towel. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until potato is soft.
- Place the potato on a microwave safe plate. Cut the potato open, and cut slices across the inside of the potato. Place pieces of the butter/margarine on the potato. Set aside.
- Place the spinach in a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan, egg, flour, crushed red pepper and green onion. Mix until smooth and completely blended.
- Spoon the spinach mixture over the potato. Microwave for 1:30, top with the mozzarella cheese, then microwave for an additional 1:30. You can microwave for additional time until cheese is completely melted if necessary.
I made these Plant Based and gluten free with no changes to the actual recipe with the exception of using Plant Based ingredients and gluten free flour.