- 3-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 cups unflavored bread crumbs
- 1 envelope Spice Packet Mix
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 large “Ziplock” gallon bag
- 1 very sharp knife
- 1 large skillet
This is a lighter, healthier shnitzel. You use non-stick vegetable spray for a lighter chicken.
- Mix bread crumbs and Spice Packet mix in a large gallon size “Ziplock” bag. Rinse cutlets under cool water. Slice the cutlets in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Place five or six cutlets in the bag. Seal and shake until all the cutlets are completely coated with bread crumbs. Spray a large skillet with nonstick vegetable spray, turn heat to medium/high. Place the cutlets in a single layer in the skillet and cook until the edges of the cutlets start to turn white, around 5 minutes. Spray the cutlets with vegetable spray then flip. Cook another 4-5 minutes until golden brown. If the cutlets seem to be browning too quickly, turn the heat down to medium. Cook cutlets in batches then serve warm.
- You can also bake the cutlets in a 350° F oven. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick vegetable spray. Spread cutlets in a single layer on the pan. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.