- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 6 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (12-ounce) bags herbed/seasoned croutons/stuffing
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
This easy stuffing is a combination of my father's (z"l) and father-in-law's (kih) stuffing recipes. I can't think of an easier recipe to make, and it's always a family favorite
- In a large skillet, sauté the carrots, celery, onion and garlic in the canola oil until the vegetables are soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in the croutons, then the eggs.
- Pour the stock over the stuffing and very gently stir, until the stuffing is completely combined.
- You can stuff your bird or bake this stuffing for 30 minutes. This will stuff a very large bird, or a medium sized bird with some leftover to bake outside the bird.
- This stuffing is great for chicken as well as turkey.
- If you want to make this stuffing vegetarian, use vegetable stock and bake outside the bird.