- 1 1/2 pounds (one large) daikon root, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/4 pounds (3 medium) Idaho potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose-flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Avocado oil spray for frying
These dessert latkes can be served with chocolate syrup, whipped cream or s'more toasted marshmallows. The "secret ingredient" is a healthy daikon root which lends a "grahamy" taste to the latkes. Trust me...you'll love these SO much you'll want s'more!
- In a large bowl, combine the daikon, potato, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, eggs and oil until blended.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Spray the skillet with avocado oil spray until there is a thin layer of oil on the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop 1/2 cupful's of batter onto the skillet. Cook until browned on each side.
- Repeat with the remaining latke batter, carefully wiping out the browned chocolate and marshmallow bits from the bottom of the skillet with a paper towel when necessary.
- Serve hot.