- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (around 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (around 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups plant based unsweetened milk
- 4 tablespoons plant based margarine
- Non-stick vegetable spray
These warm, welcoming Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect family comfort food. I make them completely Plant Based by using almond milk and other nondairy ingredients. I recommend using a mandonline to cut the potatoes. It will save a lot of time and the potatoes will all be evenly sliced.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Spray a large 9x13 inch casserole dish with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the casserole, completely covering the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly distribute some of the onions over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle ½ tablespoon of the flour mixture over the potatoes and onions.
- Evenly place another layer of potatoes, onions, and flour over the previous layer, repeating until no ingredients remain, ending with flour mixture.
- Dot the top of the potatoes with the margarine.
- Pour the milk over the potatoes.
- Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil and bake for one hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes until lightly browned on the top.
- Serve warm.