- nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (2 large), peeled, cubed
- 1/2 pound whole carrots (4 medium), peeled
- 5 large green onions, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil, or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 2 cloves minced garlic combined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Croutons (optional)
Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup gets it rich flavor from slow roasting the Brussel sprouts with carrots, potatoes and green onions. Seasoned with fragrant dill, herbs and spices this is the perfect heart warming soup!
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick vegetable spray. Place the Brussel sprout halves, potato cubes, whole carrots and green onions on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the garlic oil, and evenly sprinkle the salt and pepper over the vegetables. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove the roasted carrots to a cutting board, then dice. Set the carrots to the side to add after the remaining vegetables are blended. Blend the roasted vegetables in batches with the vegetable stock. Transfer the blended soup to a large stock pot. Add in the diced carrots, the dill and parsley. Stir until completely combined. Heat the soup. Serve topped with croutons.
You can blend the vegetables with the broth in a large stock pot using an immersion blender.