- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- dash of lemon juice (optional)
Tangy, sweet, tart, the flavor of this relish pops in your mouth! You can adapt it to make it your own.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium pot, then stir with a large heat proof spoon or spatula to combine. Over high heat, bring the cranberries to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for around 25-30 minutes until cranberries begin to pop. For a smoother sauce, smush the cranberries with the back of the spoon. Chill then serve over turkey or even cake.
- If you are using crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, or prefer your relish a little less sweet reduce the sugar.
- You can add a little lemon (zest or juice), orange (zest or juice), walnuts, peeled and diced apples (apples are amazing in this recipe). You can bake it after it’s done covered in an oatmeal streusel.