- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I used crunchy and they were awesome!)
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) honey or agave (I used honey)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Use the best ones you can find!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Wearing gloves, or with wet hands, form the cookies into tablespoon size balls. (I used a scooper and then rolled them into ball shapes.)
- Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.