- 1 tablespoon butter (because we can!)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a 2 quart pot.
- Add heavy cream and cook until hot. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine cornstarch and water, stirring until starch is completely dissolved.
- Gradually whisk the dissolved cornstarch into the cream, making sure to whisk continuously to avoid lumps.
- Stir until the cream begins to thicken.
- Stir in nutmeg.
- Stir warm sauce over blintzes.