- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 16 ounces extra firm or high protein tofu, cubed
- 4 baby bok choy, sliced
- 32 ounces miso broth (I use Imagine brand)
- 32 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 100 mg beech mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
My super healthy Miso Soup fits into my diet, has trending ingredients that are Chicago based and are featured in Bon Appetit Magazine!
- Heat the toasted sesame oil in a large skillet. Add the tofu and sauté until browned, then add the bok choy and sauté until softened. Set aside.
- Combine the miso broth, water, soy sauce and black pepper in a large stock pot. Add the sautéed tofu and bok choy, beech mushrooms, green onions to the pot.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes to combine flavors.
- You can use between 14 and 16 ounces of extra/super firm tofu for this recipe.
- I love to use high protein tofu in recipes.