- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels, (yields around 9 cups popped)
- nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plant based margarine (1/2 stick)
- 1 (3-ounce) package clear, unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup Castle Kitchen Marvelous Mint Dark Chocolate Premium Hot Chocolate Mix
- 5-7 ounce package of chocolate mint candies, chopped into chunks
- 5-ounce bag peppermint mini marshmallows
Mint Chocolate Popcorn Snack Mix - The perfect party snack mix with mint chocolate popcorn, chocolate mint candy chunks and mint flavored popcorn. Minty chocolate fun for everyone!
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cover a large sheet pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick vegetable spray. Air pop the kernels into the prepared bowl. Set aside.
- In a small 3 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, margarine, gelatin and mint hot chocolate mix. Cook over medium/low heat until the margarine and sugar are melted, stirring constantly with a heat resistant spatula. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot chocolate syrup over the popcorn. Use two forks to toss and completely coat the popcorn.
- Transfer the popcorn to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely then break into small pieces.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large serving bowl. Add the chocolate mint candy chunks and the peppermint mini marshmallows. Toss to blend the ingredients into an awesome minty snack mix.
- Store any leftovers (if there are any) in an airtight container.