- 2 large potatoes (around 3/4 lb. each), peeled and chopped
- 2 cups green beans, tips removed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1-2 - 1 pound baby carrots, chopped
- 3 large ribs celery (around 2 cups), sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 cups cauliflower flowerets
- 1 small onion, diced (around 3/4 cup)
- 2 26 oz. jars tomato basil pasta sauce (or your favorite flavor)
- 52 ounces water (use pasta jars to measure)
- 2-3 cups cooked ditali pasta (or other small bite-sized pasta)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (or flat leaf parsley), finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- croutons, crackers, or your favorite soup toppings (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large 8 quart stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with your favorite soup toppings and a toasted crusty bread or Soft Homemade Pretzels.
- 1. Use the large holed blade on the Hindy Chopper for bite sized vegetable chunks.
- 2. To measure the water for the recipe, empty the sauce into the stock pot, fill the jar with water, swirl the water to get any remaining sauce in the jar, then add it to the soup.
- 3. Depending upon how thick your sauce is, this recipe will most likely make a thick, hearty soup. To make a more “liquidy” soup use 3 jars of sauce plus one additional jar of water.
- 4. You can substitute frozen vegetables for some of the fresh ones to expedite the preparation of this soup.