- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili/red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon popcorn salt
As spicy as you like. I made mine using homemade chili oil and dried crushed peppers from my Optimistic Garden. Dear Husband likes the "afterburn".
- Place the popcorn kernels, chili oil and crushed red pepper in a large 6-8 quart stock pot with a tight fitting lid. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot, and cook over medium/high heat, vigorously shaking the pot back and forth/side to side until the popcorn starts to pop.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to allow the popcorn to pop, shaking constantly.
- When the popcorn has slowed popping considerably, remove the pot from the heat. Allow the pot to rest covered until the popcorn has completely popped.
- Uncover and sprinkle the popcorn salt over the popcorn. Toss to combine.
I've actually debated about using my crushed ghost peppers in this recipe, but haven't had the courage. Let me know if you use any unusual or particularly spicy chili peppers, just make sure they are dehydrated before using.