- 3 cups all-purpose flour (can be 1:1 gluten free)
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons pareve margarine
- 1 cup + tablespoon warm water
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- Kreplach Meat Filling (see above)
These knishes are the perfect addition to any Shabbat or Holiday meal. You can make them in advance and freeze them, then bake to perfection when you need them.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover two baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 3 even balls.
- For each dough ball, roll the dough into a long 8” log. Cut the dough evenly into 8 1” pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 3”- 3 1/2” round.
- Place a scoop of meat filling into the middle of the dough. Bring the edges of the dough to the middle over the meat and pinch to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place 12 knishes on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
If freezing the raw knishes to use later, add an extra 10 minutes to the baking time.