- 1 cup short grain white rice (sushi rice)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced (around 1 cup)
- 1 large mango, diced (around 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Mojito mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Mango Mojito Rice Salad is fresh, exciting and inviting! Juicy Mango paired with garden fresh Mojito Mint makes the perfect refreshing Summer salad.
Thoroughly rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Place the rice and water in a medium pot. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Off the heat. Let the rice rest for 10 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and leave the rice uncovered until cool. Place the rice in a large bowl. Add the diced cucumber, mango, Mojito mint, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and canola oil. Gently toss to combine. Serve cold.
If you don't have Mojito Mint, you can use any fresh mint. It's important to thoroughly rinse then fluff the rice or it will be clumpy.