- 2 lotus roots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Avocado oil for frying
- salt to finish
Crazy crispy and delicious. Easy to make too!
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium/high heat.
- Carefully add the lotus root slices to the oil. Do not overcrowd.
- As the slices begin to brown, quickly turn them over to brown on the second side. When the slices are lightly browned, quickly remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon or spatula and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Sprinkle with salt. Serve.
- Store in a paper bag so the chips remain crispy.
- Be careful not to let the chips overbrown or burn.