- Nonstick Vegetable Spray
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (makes 13-15 cups popped)
- 1/2 cup plant based margarine (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons hibiscus powder.
This recipe makes around 13-15 cups of delicious Hibiscus Popcorn. While not quite as crunchy or completely coated as the original Hibiscus popcorn recipe, it's still fruity and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cover a large sheet pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick vegetable spray. Air pop the kernels into the prepared bowl. Set aside.
- In a small 3 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, margarine and hibiscus powder. Cook over medium/low heat until the margarine and sugar are melted, stirring constantly with a heat resistant spatula. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the hibiscus syrup over the popcorn. Use two forks to toss and completely coat the popcorn.
- Transfer the popcorn to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely then break into small pieces.
This recipe is based upon the Sweet Popcorn Glaze recipe by Jen's Favorite Cookies.