- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/2 cup Splenda (see note)
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 3/4 cup water, milk or soy-milk per 1 cup pancake mix
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store mix in a dry, airtight container.
- When ready to make the pancakes, add 1 cup of Homemade Pancake Mix with ¾ cup of water.
- Mix with a fork or whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle.
- Spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet.
- Cook until browned on one side then flip, and allow to cook for another minute. (Ok, so everyone knows how to make pancakes but I had to put it in anyway!!) Serve with your favorite syrup, jam, or fruit topping.
- Breakfast is served – although on a busy night they could even be dinner!!!
- You can use regular sugar or a few packets of vanilla sugar instead of splenda.
Pancake Add ins
- Fresh blueberries, chocolate chips, mini chocolate covered candies, chopped apple, your favorite chopped cookies, fresh fruit, your own favorite add in (please let me know!).
- You can even make the pancakes in advance and freeze them in a large zipper bag or airtight container. Of course they are best fresh!