- FOR THE CARROTS
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- FOR THE HARISSA DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon silan (date honey)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons water
One of my favorite outings is going to the farmers markets to see all the different varieties of vegetables that aren’t available in the supermarket. When I saw carrots in a multicolored bunch, I bought them right away, knowing how beautiful my recipe will look.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spices, oil, and carrots; toss well to coat carrots.
- Place carrots on prepared baking sheets. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the harissa dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over carrots right before serving.
- If you don’t have rainbow carrots, this recipe is delicious with any carrot variety.