- 8 blintz wrappers
- 8 hot dogs of your choice
- Barbecue sauce of your choice
- 2 tbsp. liquid egg (or 1 whole egg beaten well)
- Non-stick spray or oil for frying
- Grill the hot dogs, brushing periodically with barbecue sauce.
- Set aside.
- Brush a small amount of barbecue sauce on the center of a blintz wrapper.
- Place a hot dog on the barbecue sauce.
- Brush the bottom of the blintz wrapper with liquid egg.
- Roll the blintz wrapper around the hot dog pressing to seal.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray the skillet with non-stick spray, or coat with oil.
- Fry Hot Dog Blintzes on all sides until golden brown.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
- Unless you make really large blintz wrappers, you will not be able to fold the sides of the wrapper around the hot dog. Instead, roll the blintz wrapper around the hot dog without folding in the sides, leaving the sides open. Don’t worry, they taste great anyway!!