- 1 pound (gluten free) penne, cooked & drained
- 3 green garlic stems, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the green garlic and spinach, then sauté until the spinach is wilted.
- Toss in the scallions and salt.
- Serve warm topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- If you can't find green garlic locally you can substitute a clove or two of regular garlic.
- You can make this dish gluten free by using gluten free penne.
- To make this dish lighter use two tablespoons of butter instead of four.