- 3 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon (gluten-free) soy sauce
- 2-3 stalks Green Garlic, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Working in two batches, add the green beans and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately remove the beans from the pot to a strainer and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer the beans to a large bowl.
- Using the same boiling water that was used for the first batch, boil the second batch of green beans for 3 minutes, rinsing with cold water when done.
- Transfer to the large bowl of beans.
- Add the toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, green garlic, sliced almonds and toss until combined.
- Serve cold as a salad or warm as a side dish.
- Ask your local produce seller for green garlic. I had to ask a manager who knew where to find it. If you can’t find it at your local produce store you can substitute a clove of regular garlic for 2 stalks of Green Garlic.
- Also, make sure you use toasted sesame oil. It gives a stronger “sesame” flavor and allows you to use less oil than the untoasted variety.