- 3 pounds golden beets, cooked, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried green onion/chives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Additional green onion for garnish.
Golden Beets with Mandarin Oranges are a beautiful, healthy, sweet, flavorful addition to any meal. If there are any leftovers, I nosh on them during the week as a nutritious snack!
In a large bowl, combine the beets, mandarin oranges including the syrup, green onion, kosher salt and canola oil. Toss until well blended. Serve immediately garnished with additional green onion, or refrigerate and serve up to three days later.
You can use fresh green onion if serving immediately. Slice one large stalk of green onion as a replacement for the one tablespoon dehydrated green onion. To cook the beets in an Electric Pressure Cooker (EPC):
- Place a basket or rack in the EPC pot. Add one cup of water to the pot, then place the beets in the basket.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure valve.
- Using manual high pressure, cook the beets for 10 minutes, then naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.