4 ripe plum tomatoes, cubed 1 cup fresh parsley leaves 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil, in a food processor bowl. Pulse until ingredients are coarsely ground. Add the olive oil and pulse until thoroughly combined. Transfer to container with a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Serve over your favorite healthy pasta.
- For a milder, less spicy pesto reduce or omit the crushed red pepper and black pepper
- You can top the final dish with grated parmesan or shredded mozzarella for a delicious dairy dish!
- I sometimes add more herbs than the recipe calls for. Completely herbalicious!
- I have trouble eating garlic lately, so instead of the extra virgin olive oil I use garlic flavored oil and omit the garlic. It's still delicious.
- If you are interested in making Garden Fresh Pesto a little lighter, reduce the olive oil to 1/4 cup.